The vitamin D deficiency makes a person feel tired and sleepy all the day. This deficiency is found in the people all over the world. The clear idea of the vitamin D may aid in the recognition and the symptoms of the diseases that are caused by the deficiency of the vitamin D. Moreover, the comprehension of how the medicines and the changes in the lifestyles will cure the diseases and the symptoms are to be known by the people. This results in the several ailments and depression.
The vitamin D is a vitamin that is soluble in fat and exhibits from the cholesterol. The vitamin D is not a vitamin. The vitamins are the organic materials that the people obtain from the diets. Apart from the foods, the vitamin D is also produced from the ultra violet rays of the sun. The pre vitamin gets modified into the vitamin D. The pre vitamin gets sent to the liver and the excretory organs. It gets converted into the forms that are required by the body. Only in these regions of the body, the pre vitamin gets activated into a complete vitamin true to its name. This vitamin D actively participates in the body to perform the body functions.
The pre-vitamin D that is found in the liver and from the ultra violet rays of the sun and the heat of the body transforms the pre-vitamin gets converted into the vitamin D3 in the body. It then further gets activated into the most useful hormone.
There exist various forms of the vitamin D. Some of the forms are potent and others perform slightly different functions about the cells. The different functions of the body are being performed by the combination of the various types of the vitamin D. The various demands of the body like the biochemical and the bodily needs and the supply of the vitamin D make up for the determination of the mixture.
Deficiency of the Vitamin D
- The brain is the first to find the symptoms of the deficiency of the vitamin D.
- This gets expressed in the body by the feeling of severe fatigue. This also called as the seasonal disorder.
- The tiredness gets accumulated and does not go and the sleeplessness does occur in the people.
- This affects the performances of the people in the normal life.
- The enjoyment of the people will be low and the change in the attitude is the most obvious change of the person.
- The doctors term the symptoms as the psychomotor retardation.
- This is due to the lack of the ability of the person to undergo the activities.
- The second symptom is the anhedonia that endures for a very long time.
Treat Vitamin D deficiency with Natural remedies :-
The foods that are rich in the vitamin D and used in the treatment of the deficiency of the vitamin D are the following.
1.Button Mushrooms :
- The use of the mushrooms as a remedy of the treatment of the vitamin D deficiency is a bit surprising.
- This is said to be due to the fact that the shiitake mushrooms absorb tremendous amounts of the sunlight and store them.
- The button and the Shiitake mushrooms are very rich in the amounts like the vitamins and proteins.
- The mushrooms that have been dried in the sun for a very long time are the healthiest choices rather than the ones that are dried using the artificial means.
- So in order to get the full benefits of the mushrooms one must eat the naturally dried sunlight.
- These are one of the different varieties of the fish.
- The small amount of the fish that amounts to about four ounces of the fish are rich in the levels of the omega-3 fatty acids.
- This covers about 90% of the daily required amounts of the vitamin D value.
- As of now the FDA suggests the people to eat the people to eat about more of the fishes to assimilate the bodies by the nutrients like the omega-3 fatty acids and the various kinds of the vitamins.
- These essential nutrients that the body cannot produce on its own are supplied to the body by the mackerel.
3. Sockeye Salmon :
- The salmon is rich in the nutrients like the proteins, saturated fats, vitamins and some traces of the iron.
- The salmon is found in all the parts of the Ocean of the world.
- But the salmons that are caught from the Pacific Ocean are tastier and nutritive than the salmons that were caught from the Atlantic Ocean.
- A single serving of the salmon that amounts to about four ounces of the salmon are necessary to supply the body with nearly more than 90% of the much needed amounts of the vitamin D.
- The wild salmons must be tastier and healthier and so these must be farmed for the various purposes.
4. Herring :
- The herring is a small type of the fish that is rich in the vitamin supplements.
- The herrings eat the planktons in the seas and live.
- This makes them the best and the nutritive fish on the planet.
- These are the best and the tastiest fishes on the planet.
- The herrings provide full amount of the daily required amount of the vitamin D in just a serving of the fish.
5. Sardines :
- The sardines are the most liked variety of the fish.
- They are rich in the abundant amounts of the vitamin D.
- The fish can be kept in the refrigerators for a long time by keeping them canned.
- This makes them to be fortified with the extra nutrients and supplies the body with the seventy percent of the required everyday needs.
- Besides from being rich in the selenium, a type of the antioxidant, protein, vitamin B12 and omega-3 fatty acids.
6. Catfish :
- The catfish, similar to the herring feed on the phytoplanktons.
- This makes them to be rich in the nutrients and provide the body with the surge of the nutrients and the minerals.
- The planktons produce the vitamin D from the rays of the sun.
- The catfish gets the energy of the miniscule organisms and supply the human beings with them.
- The canned foods are also the best.
7. Tuna :
- The tuna is the most used home remedy for the deficiency problems of the vitamin D.
- The tuna is rich in the vitamins, omega-3 fatty acids and the various antioxidants.
- The three ounces of the tuna supply the body with the half amount of the required total volume of the vitamin D.
- The tuna fishes that are caught wild and fresh in the seas and oceans are the best sources of the vitamin D.
- The fishes lubricate the body with the saturated fats and supply the health benefits like the cognitive brain functions and good memory.
8. Cod Liver Oil :
- These are the tastiest and the healthiest fish items in the world.
- The fish has strong aroma and it is abhorred by some people.
- The oil of the cod fish is rich in the omega-3 fatty acids and adding this oil in the diets will ensure in the development of the strong bones and the teeth.
- It is rich in the vitamin D and fight against the osteoporosis in the male and the female adults. These concentrate on the brain and the neural health of the people.
9. Eggs :
- These are the wholesome foods that can be incorporated into the diets as a wholesome food.
- The yolks of the eggs are the healthiest parts of the eggs and can be added one daily.
- The eggs do not contain much amount of the vitamin D but are known to have them in small traces.
- The eggs account for about ten percent of the daily required quantities of the vitamin D.
- The eggs can be obtained from the local farm and other organic stores.
- They can be eaten along with the oats, cereals and some spices.
10. Rays Of the Sun :
- The rays of the sun are the best sources of the vitamin D.
- The people have to expose themselves in a day for about twenty minutes in the sun and not more than that.
- If the skin is exposed more than that the skin diseases and the disorders will be prevalent.
- The skin absorbs more vitamin D and stores them for the future purposes.
- Due to this, the vitamin D has been called as the sunshine vitamin.
- The rays of the sun stimulate the production of the hormones in the body and the vitamins.
- The people, who undergo sunbath every day are the most beneficial ones due to the abundance of the vitamin D in their body.
- The people who are living in the cold and the arctic regions of the world, cannot get the necessary amount of the much needed amounts of the vitamin D.
- They can substitute this by the intake of the foods that are rich in the vitamin D.
- That is why the people living in the Alaska, Siberia, Antarctica and the Polar Regions eat more fish.
The deficiency and the home remedies of the vitamin D are not unique and vary according to the various needs of the people. The Global Healing Centre has proposed the medical advice that the numbers are misleading and a careful approach has to be made in order to get the exact amount of the needed quantity of the vitamin D. Another study also reveals important information. If the certain foods concern the people, then they have to approach the doctor. The home remedies have to be tested for their reliance and then they have to be used as per the instructions of the doctors.
Foods Rich In Vitamin D
- The vitamin D is the naturally occurring nutrients in the foods.
- The popular natural substances that are rich in the vitamin D are the types of fishes like the salmon, mackerel, tuna, halibut, trout and cod fish.
- The excellent sources of the vitamin D are the cod liver oil.
- It provides about the 1400 IU of the vitamin D in a spoon.
- Some types of the mushrooms like the maitake, general mushrooms are a vital sources of the vitamin D.
- They have the capacity to absorb the sunlight and thus they are rich in the vitamin D.
- The cheese and the eggs are also an important source of the vitamin D.
Fortified Foods Of Vitamin D
- The fortified foods are the order of the day.
- The foods are fortified by the vitamins, proteins and the minerals that are synthetic in nature.
- But as some foods are rich in the vitamin D, they are fortified with the synthetic nutrients and are made available to the people on a large basis.
- Some of the foods that are fortified with the vitamin D are milk and the dairy products, orange, bread, yoghurt, soy products and cereals.
- The labels of the various products have to be checked for the ingredients and the amount of the vitamin D they contain.
Dietary Supplements Rich In The Vitamin D
- This vitamin is available in free forms of the dietary supplement in the various forms of the D2 and D3.
- These two forms of the vitamin D are equal in all the healthy aspects but the vitamin D2 is very powerful than the vitamin D3.
- In case if a person suffers from the vitamin deficiency, then the doctor will recommend the person to increase his dietary intake so as to raise the levels of the blood.
- The limits must not be exceeded than the limits of 4100 IU for a day.
About half the population of the adults in the American Continent are proved to lack the vitamin D. This was according to the survey conducted by the scientists in the year. Based on the results of the survey, the scientists recommended the international units of the vitamin D to be raised from 410 to 610. Of all the natural sources of the vitamin D, the sun is said to be the best. But the modern people spend their lives indoors and the exposure to the sun is limited.