Breast cancer usually occurs more often in women than the men due to the presence of the higher levels of oestrogen and progesterone hormones in women. Breast cancer is the occurrence of malignant tumor cells in the particular region and it can be identified by regular checkups or some symptoms which may show that you are suffering from any stage of breast cancer. If detected in the earlier days, it can be treated effectively, even it cannot be cured completely.There are several stages of cancer in which some stages are almost feasible.
What is Triple Negative Breast Cancer:
The triple negative breast cancer (TNBC) is a type of breast cancer, in which the three types of receptors known to fuel the growth of breast cancer tested as negative for the hormones estrogen, progesterone and the HER 2 are not present in the tumor. This normally signifies that the breast cancer growth have been negative for the growth of epidermal hormone growth factor HER2, ER and PR. Whenever the tumor cells lack the necessary receptors, treatments like hormone therapy and they usually target these receptors and make them ineffective in nature. This phenomenon of three receptors being negative in tests shows that the person is affected with triple negative breast cancer.
Characteristics and Appearance :
The triple breast cancer characteristics can be clearly understood, if you understand the receptors, which mainly contains the proteins found inside and outside the surface cells.
- The hormone receptors which are present inside the breast cells receive notifications from the hormones and these hormones get attached to the receptors which helps in providing the commands to the help in the growth of the cells. Please have in mind that not all the breast cancer cells have these receptors, but 75 % of the women suffering from breast cancer have positive results for receptors.
- A small group of breast cancer people have the HER2 hormones too much in numbers, which induces the healthy breast cells to receive the signals that stimulates the growth of these cells. When there is abundance of HER2 receptors, there is also a possibility of the tumor cells to get divided and spread quickly.
- They tend to more aggressive in producing the ill effects when compared with the other types of cancer. Preliminary researches have also revealed the reports that the possibility of recurrence of the breast cancer even after treatment is still existing and the possibilities are much more in the initial years after the treatment.
- The survival rates of this variant close to five years after the detection of the disease was nearly about 76% in the recent years when compared with 94% of women who were struggling with other types of cancer. This also indicates that the death rate is high in this types of cancer within the first five years, post diagnosis.
- Since these contain less number of cancer cells when compared with the other types they are usually ranked to be on a higher position. They also resemble some healthy breast cells in growth and appearance and is graded to be number 4 when scaled from 1 to 4.
- There is cell type resembling the breast duct and is called as the basal like structure which is ultimately a cancer cell and shows more aggressiveness than the triple negative breast cancers.
Rate of Infection:
Usually the people who are affected with this disease fall under one of the following categories:
The people who are in an intermediate age around 40 to 50 are more likely exposed to this disease, when compared to people among the age of 60 or older.
African-American and Hispanic Women:
It can be a common deficiency or a common syndrome of occurrence of such type of diseases among these women. Asian women are less exposed to such infections when compared to these types of cancer.
The people who suffer with the BRCA1 mutation syndrome are highly exposed on a large scale to get easily affected with this type of cancer within the age of 50.
Triple Negative Breast Cancer Treatment Methods:
The treatment methods for treating this disease is not so unique or different as some common treatment types for all types of cancer can also be included to treat this disease.They are
- Every cancer treatment by any medical practitioner is usually started with the surgery to remove the cancer cells from the body. Hence, Surgery is one of the options for curing this disease.
- Radiation therapy can also be used as a treatment to cure the triple negative breast cancer.
- Chemotherapy, as many of us know can also be used to cure this disease.
- In some cases, there may exceptions of taking radiation therapy, because of their health condition which can be usually treated with several other therapies using various other hormonal treatments.
- Some therapies usually stop the production of estrogen cells, which is normally the main factor providing the essentials that are required for the growth of these cancer cells in the body.
- Overall, it can be said that factors like age, confidence and other biological factors are mainly essential for the recovery phase after eradicating the cancer cells from the body. Some may also require new blood to be transfused into their body to help the growth of new cells and also excrete the worn out cells. This can be done by stem cell transplantation.