The skin determines the complexion of a person and also adds to one’s personality. Hence it is necessary to protect your skin on your own. Many of them initially do not take care about their skin and usually suffer a lot after there is terrible effects on their skin. Sunburns are one among the common problems usually faced among the people in today’s world. Most of the people who have deficiency of nutrients in their body are easily exposed to sunburns and some also have allergies when exposed to sun.
Hence these people should take care of their skin with utmost care to get them protected from such infections. In this article, we will explain on “How to guard yourself from Sunburns”, based on the true factual information captured from experts.
What causes Sunburns?
Sunburns are usually caused to people when they get too much exposed to sunlight and when they lack certain nutrients to withstand the rays that pass through our body from the sun. Many also expose themselves for a long period of time in sun which makes the sole reason for causing sunburns.
Natural ways to prevent sunburns:
Some natural ways which may help in preventing the sun burns from causing damages to our skin are,
Limit Time in the Sun:
- Whenever you are entering into a new season, your skin should be comfortable in getting adjusted to the current scenario.
- So that they can be able to produce the pigments needed for the skin with the help of melanocytes.
- It is also to be noted that the body will produce the necessary vitamins to withhold against the sun rays for about 15 minutes to nearly one hour a day.
- After which you might have to protect yourself from the sun by covering the skin layer with some material or cloth.
- Covering with cloth is usually white in color, since they are capable of preventing the heat getting directly attacked to the body and provides some space of coolness for the body.
Consume more Vitamin D:
Vitamin D is the only source among the vitamins which may help you in preventing and protecting you from the sun rays and getting acquired to sunburns. But the total vitamin D content in a normal person has the capability to acquire the heat from the sun into the skin without causing any damage only up to a maximum of one hour. Rich sources of vitamin D can be found in products like the cod liver oil with a combination of vitamin d3 will help the prevention of sun rays entering the body for a considerable amount of time. Inclusion of foods which are rich in vitamin D can be consumed to increase the levels of vitamin D.
Eat Saturated Fats:
- It is very much true that eating saturated fats may help you in a long scale of developing the power to withhold against the skin diseases caused by sunburns.
- Soluble fats and oils form a major part of coalition to provide resistance to the body and muscles consisting of the upper layer of the skin.
- If your skin is filled with much of unwanted oils, then you are obviously prone to getting easily exposed to sun rays which usually results in sunburns and other skin infections.
- The fat globules in the fats and the oils gets settled on the skin layers and prevents the direct attack of the UV radiation from the sun and gets excreted as metabolic wastes in the form of sweat.
Balance your Mineral Intake:
- Your body and the skin may get affected to certain infections when there is lack of minerals present in your immune.
- The deficiency of zinc and manganese in your body may cause light sensitivity to your body which may ultimately result in acquiring sun rashes and other skin deficiencies.
- It is wise to make sure that we get adequate amount of mineral rich sources from the plants and the animals.
- In animals, the bone broth are special ingredients of composing much of mineral contents in themselves.
- Also, livers compose a certain level of minerals to the body.
Rub Coconut Oil on the Skin:
The coconut oil on the skin may prove to be vital source in preventing the skin layers getting attacked by the radiations of the sun. The coconut oil mainly composes of the soluble fats and other minerals which acts a shield of protection of the skin from the UV rays of the sun. Researches have shown that it only provides resistance to about 1/5th of preventing the sun rays from affecting the skin, but they prove to be vital sources of antioxidants supporting the body, which also helps from long time exposure to the sun.
These are mostly found in the algae and in some varieties of fishes and birds which is quite a powerful antioxidant. They are usually pink in color and mainly acts as an internal sunscreen for preventing the skin getting exposed to UV radiations. Several experiments have proven that they prevent the human skin by forming a layer over it.