The thyroid is the largest gland of the body. The thyroid has two lobe like structures that are below the skin and at the top of the muscles at the anterior part of the neck. The thyroid has the shape of a butterfly. They cover or wrap around the trachea. The main job of the thyroid is to secrete the thyroid hormone that is used in the tissues and all the cells of the body. The thyroid hormone also induces the metabolism of the body bus inducing the immunity.
There are some levels of the thyroid hormone that is essential for the proper functioning of the body. Any levels of the discrepancies in the thyroid hormone will result in the thyroid disease. This can be found by the various bodily signs like the drastic loss in weight or the drastic gain of weight. The thyroid problems will also lead to some weight related problems like the obesity. This has become the most normal and the commonly found problem in the world.
Common Forms Of The Thyroid :
The thyroid disease is not a simple problem and is a collective word for several other problems. The disease is not distinct and it can be characterized by a variety of factors. These factors center around the thyroid only. They are common to some extent.
- Some problems can be about the production of the thyroid hormones. They may be either too little or too high.
- The size of the thyroid gland become sbig and its obstructs the side walls of the neck. The compression on the neck can be seen as a lump on the front part of the throat.
- The formation of the lumps or the mass of the cells on the thyroid may be a runner for the formation of the cancerous growth of the cells.
- The cancerous growth of the cells.
The patients with the thyroid problems are individually treated and they are given some medications. The doctors make them understand their affliction and also the needs for the certain intake of the medicines. There are many types of the thyroid and the most prominent among them are the following.
1. Goiters :
- The goiters are the problems that are manifested due to the enlargement of the thyroid glands.
- The other vital structures of the neck are compressed and as a result, they are removed.
- Some people even remove them for the cosmetic purposes.
- The goiters obstruct the trachea, larynx and the oesophagus and will hinder the breathing.
- Besides they also grow into the chests and create the congestion problems too.
- The use of the X-rays will help the doctors to form a clear idea to start the treatments.
2. Thyroid Cancer :
- The thyroid cancer is a very vast and grave disease.
- However, there are many survival rates of the people after they have been affected by it.
- The cancerous cells grow on the thyroid.
- It can be attributed to the graves disease.
- The prognosis, treatment and the follow ups are pretty the same for the thyroid cancer, that is the same treatments are available to them like the cancer patients of other types.
- These need special care.
3. Solitary Thyroid Nodules :
- The solitary nodules of the thyroid are both malignant and benign.
- Almost all the people on the earth will be affected by the thyroid nodules but their severity will vary.
- It has been postulated that about 50% of the total population of the world will be affected by the thyroid nodules.
- These are present anywhere on the thyroid and can be seen in all.
- In case, if they are malignant, then they can be removed by the methods of surgical excision, biopsy and radiation.
- Here comes the problems of using the correct method for the eradication of the thyroid nodules.
- The risks of the biopsy and the prolonged exposure to the radiation are noted and they are overwhelming.
- So in order to reduce the risks of the treatment of the thyroid, the ultrasound techniques are used.
4. Hyperthyroidism :
- This means the excess of the thyroid in the body.
- The medications of the excess of the thyroid includes the following like the anti thyroid drugs, radioactive iodine and the least expected surgical methods.
- The surgery methods are least prescribed to the patients by the doctors.
- According to the physical status of the person, the doctors will suggest the use of any one of the three clinical methods or can insist on the good effects of all the methods.
- But each person will be treated with the different set of the treatments, that suits them the best.
- There are certain cases that trigger the hyperthyroidism. Pregnancy is also among them.
- The most common reason of the thyroid problem includes the fact of eating the brominated flour and drinking the chlorinated water.
- The second cause may be due to the lack of iodine in the body. This has been hyped as the best known cause of the thyroid. The iodine that is present in the common table salt is not sufficient to prevent the risks of the goiters.
- The third reason is the presence of the elevated T3 levels of the body. The T3 levels are the main reasons for the people to be affected by the thyroids. The chelation process is necessary for the people to take out the lead, cadmium, mercury and the toxic substances. The people, after they have been taken out will find themselves to be at peace.
5. Hypothyroidism :
- The hypothyroidism means the presence of the inadequate levels of the thyroid.
- It is a very common problem.
- It cannot be detected very easily and it needs some time in order to be detected.
- The treatments of the hypothyroidism are usually straight and are effective in getting the results.
- The receptors of the thyroid hormone are present all over the body and if any of them do not get the hormones, then the signal is triggered and then it is termed as the hypothyroidism.
- The hypothyroidism can be treated with the help of the medicines that induce the production of the thyroid hormones. The hypothyroidism can be termed as the most common form of the thyroid when compared to the other forms.
6. Thyroiditis :
- The Thyroiditis is usually depicted as a swelling that occurs on the thyroid gland of the human beings.
- The thyroids can be treated with any anti inflammatory medicines in order to reduce the swelling.
- These can be also found as a result of the hyperthyroidism and hypothyroidism.
- They normally go away unfounded.
- They are also not so harmful.
7. Grave’s Disease :
- This disease is the same as that of the basedow’s disease.
- The grave’s disease is the reason for the formation of the hyperthyroidism and also goiters.
- It is a special type of the autoimmune problem that affects the body instead of equipping them.
- The autoimmune system creates some antibodies that insist the body to secrete more of the thyroid hormone by first blocking the thyroid receptors of the body.
- The thyroid hormone is then deceived to form more of the thyroid hormone in the blood.
- The grave’s disease is so dangerous because they will also affect the other healthy parts of the body.
Natural Cures For The Thyroid :
The thyroid is a problem that starts at the thyroid gland of the neck. But its impact can be seen at all the parts of the human body. The two most common forms of the thyroid are the hyperthyroidism and hypothyroidism. The hypothyroidism is the reason for the sudden gain of the weight due to the increased metabolic rates of the body while the hyperthyroidism is the reason for the decrease in the weight owing to the faster metabolic rate.
No matter what happens, the people must consult the doctor for the thyroid problems. But the home remedies can be used as just an adjunct to be temporarily safe from the thyroid problems. The home remedies for both the hyperthyroidism and the hypothyroidism are the same.
1. Sufficient Use Of The Vitamin A :
- The foods that are rich in the vitamin A and the vitamin A supplements can be taken in large numbers to be safe from the problems of the thyroid.
- The foods items that are rich in the vitamin A are the eggs, carrots, cauliflower and the honey.
- Additionally the supplements of the vitamin A can be also taken.
- The yellow vegetables can also be included in the diet.
2. Lyceum Berry :
- The use of the lyceum berry as the home remedy for the thyroid is the best known method.
- The lyceum is said to be an immunomodulator because it modulates the bad and insufficient responses of the body.
- It gets rid of the thyroid effectively in the body.
3. Phytoplanktons :
- The phytoplanktons are the marine food substances.
- They are rich in all the nutrients and the electrolytes.
- The phytoplanktons can be included as a part of the daily diet so that they help to decrease the problems of the thyroid by controlling the metabolism of the body.
- They are rich in the iodine content and are also the rich sources of the antioxidants.
- The other food substances include the kelp, kombu, arame and others.
4. Physical Movements :
- The people who live a sedentary lifestyle will be more prone to the thyroid than the people who are happy outgoers.
- The physical movements are essential for the supply of the oxygen to all the parts of the body.
- This helps the body from being prone to the thyroid problems.
5. Nutrient Rich Foods :
- Not all foods have the same amount of the nutrition.
- Some of the foods have in common but they are marked with absolute uniqueness.
- For instance, people wishing to want fiber must eat the banana more. Those who wish to get the starch must eat the potato more and those who need the proteins must look forward to the meat, eggs and fish.
6. Iodine :
- No other remedy for the iodine works best as the use of the iodine.
- The common salt that is iodized can be included as a part of the daily diet.
- The food ingredients that are rich in the iodine are the watercress, tomato, asparagus, onion, pineapple, oats, strawberry, whole rice, cabbage, berries and garlic.
7. Ginseng :
- The ginseng boosts the overall health of the thymus glands and promotes the health of the thyroid glands.
- The ginseng is very good for the enhancement of the adrenal and thymus glands. These glands help in the proper functioning of the thyroid gland.
- It will assist to eradicate tiredness that is the most common form of hypothyroidism.
- A dose of 110 to 200 mg of the ginseng extract is recommended twice everyday, before every meal.
- A doctor must be consulted prior to start the supplement regimen.
- It is the best home remedy.
8. Black Walnuts :
- The black walnuts are an effective source of the manganese and the iodine.
- These can be effective in treating the thyroid gland.
- The black walnuts have to be eaten in more adequate quantities for the health of the thyroid to get prolonged.
9. Water :
- There is no effective way to get rid of the thyroid than by drinking a lot of water.
- The toxic substances that have accumulated in the body of the human beings will be very well removed by the water.
- The fruit juices also will help to strengthen the body by the continuous supply of the nutritions.
- Proper rest and adequate sleep are also touted as one of the best ways to eradicate the thyroid problems.
10. Agnus Castus :
- It is a herb that has been used in the treatment of the thyroid problems.
- So it is a wise choice to use them in the daily diet.
11. Avoid Stress :
- The stress makes the mind to feel irritated and may also make the body weak.
- So refraining from a stressful condition is the best way to be completely free from the thyroid problems.
- The people who stress themselves more will be affected by the thyroid problems. In some cases the intensity of the impacts are not the same.
- This can be transformed by being happy and cheerful everyday.
12. High Calorie Foods :
- The foods that are rich in the calorie like the biscuits and the fast foods are the most common types of the foods that induce the thyroid problems in the body.
- Also meat, beverages like the tea and coffee will also spike the chances for the person to be affected by the thyroid.
13. Minerals :
- The intake of the minerals in the body will be effective in ensuring the proper functioning of the metabolic activities of the body.
- The foods that are rich in the minerals like the zinc, manganese and the copper are also necessary for the well being of the body.
14. Coconut Oil :
- The coconut oil is very helpful for the treatment of the thyroid problems as they are rich in the fatty acids that have a medium chain.
- It supplies the body with energy and increases the metabolism activity of the body.
- The practice of using the coconut oil for cooking purposes is a good option to reduce the problems of the thyroid.
- The people must make it a practice of drinking the milk with a few drops of coconut oil in it.
15. Kelp :
- It is a seaweed that is brown in colour.
- The kelp is used in the treatment of the people with the hypothyroidism problems.
- The people with the auto immune problems need not use the kelp for their treatments as they will make the condition very worse.
- They have to consult the doctors before they actually start using the kelps for the treatment.
16. Apple Cider Vinegar :
- The apple cider vinegar is the most effective remedy when it comes to home treatments.
- They also help to cure the thyroid problems.
- It improves the metabolism of the body.
- This is also used as a detoxifying agent.
- The apple cider vinegar helps to neutralize the alkaline nature of the body and thus the acid levels are also neutralized.
- This helps to maintain the ideal body weight.
- The other problems like the high cholesterol, high blood pressure and the diabetes can also be treated using the apple cider vinegar.
- The two spoon of the apple cider vinegar must be mixed in a glass of water.
- The honey drops may be added if needed.
- This solution can be drunk for about everyday for a continuous period of time.
17. Fish Oil :
- The fish oil is the most good and the trustworthy oil when it comes to the treatment of the thyroid.
- The omega-3 fatty acids of the fish oil helps them to fight against the swellings in the thyroid.
- They have to be consumed after consulting the doctor because some people will be undergoing the medications for the blood thinners.
18. Vitamin D :
- The deficiency of the vitamin D has been closely linked to the several autoimmune diseases.
- This can be avoided by exposing to the sunlight very early in the morning.
- Everybody must expose themselves to the sun early in the morning for about fifteen minutes.
- This helps to develop the immunity and the calcium formation in the body.
- Getting up early in the morning and doing some physical exercises in the morning will make a person to be relieved from the hypothyroidism.
19. Guggul :
- The guggul is obtained from the plant called the Commiphora Mukul.
- It helps to lower the cholesterol and the swellings of the body.
- The active component of the guggul called as the guggulsterones helps in the synthesis of the thyroid and also helps in the propagation of the thyroid equally throughout the body.
- This herb can be taken in the form of the supplements and can be restricted to about 25 mg a day.
- While undergoing the treatment it is better to note the T3 and T4 levels as some of the T4 levels gets transformed into the T3 that is very active.
- The use of the gulgul must be restricted by the pregnant ladies as it will obstruct the estrogen levels and also during the birth control.
20. Ginger :
- The ginger is rich in the anti inflammatory properties and it will help to reduce the swellings that occur in the thyroid glands.
- The ginger can be added to the food in the form of the salads.
- Ginger tea can be prepared by adding the slices of the ginger into the cup of boiling water and adding some few spoons of honey to it.
21. Evening Primrose Oil :
- The oil of the evening primrose helps in the treatment of the thyroid.
- They can also treat the aftermaths of the hypothyroidism like the fall of the hair and heavy menstrual discharge.
- It elevates the amount of the thyroid hormone of the body.
- The suggested levels of the evening primrose oil for a day is about eight mg.
- But it is not the same for everyone and so the doctor advice is necessary.
22. Vitamin B :
- When a person is affected by the hypothyroidism, sufficient amounts of B vitamins family like the vitamins B1, B3, B12, B7, B9, B5, B6 and B2 rich foods have to be eaten.
- The supplements of the above vitamins also must be added as a part of the everyday diet.
- B vitamins are important for the healthy thyroid function and state.
- Moreover, the scientists are of the opinion that the people ailing from hypothyroidism may be ailing from the vitamin B12 deficiency too.
- As a result, the whole grain foods and the cereals that are fortified must be added as a part of the diet.
- Additionally, the fresh and sea vegetables must be also included in the everyday diet.
- The consumption of the cruciferous vegetables like Broccoli, Kemp and Kale must be avoided because they possess the Goitrogens, that are anti nutrients that hamper with the functions of the thyroid gland.
Prevention Of Thyroid :
There are no predictions in the case of who are which group of the people are likely to be affected by the thyroid. But there are certain steps that have to be followed in order to prevent the thyroid from affecting a person. It has been studied in the experiments that about 65% of the Americans are being affected by the thyroid glands every year. The thyroid has been postulated as the master gland of the master gland of the body. So a discrepancy in it will lead to the problems in all the parts of the body as it is the one that controls the excretory system, Circulatory system, metabolism, fertility and the digestive system of the body.
There are ways to definitely eradicate the ways for the thyroid to affect a person. The steps are simple and can be easily followed.
1. Use Of The Thyroid Collar :
- In case if a person undergoes the X ray test for the dental and the other parts of the body like the chest, neck, ear, mouth and face, the neck part or the thyroid part of the neck gets exposed to the radiation.
- The thyroid is very sensitive to the radiation of the X rays and hence it risks the proper thyroid to develop problems.
- So the use of the thyroid collars must be used to safeguard the collar from the harmful X rays. It looks like a collar of the turtleneck jacket and has the linings made in lead.
2. Quit Smoking :
- The habit of smoking quickens the pace of the thyroid in men and women alike.
- The cigarettes has some toxic substances and chemicals like the thiocyanate.
- These chemicals cause the thyroid problems even in unsuspecting people.
The diseases like the graves diseases and the eye problems due to the thyroid are very common in the case of the smokers.
- The treatment given to these people will be ineffective and not up to the mark due to the presence of the toxins of the smoke.
- The people are advised to quit smoking in order to be relieved from the harmful effects of the thyroid.
3. Treatment of The AntiBodies :
- The antibodies trigger the signal of the unwanted supply of the thyroid hormones.
- The receptors of the thyroid in the body are blocked due to the bad signal of the antibodies.
- So these have to be treated by the levothyroxine.
- The German scientists used the levothyroxine in their medicines and administered them to the patients of the thyroid.
- They were able to get well.
- So daily check up of the body will ensure the relief from the problems like the antibodies and the free radicals.
4. Soy Products :
- The soybeans is a food but when they are eaten in excess they cause the thyroid problems.
- The soy products have become a fashion and can be found in all forms like the creams, powders and food products.
- Their usage must be reduced but the use of the natural forms of the soybeans must be increased.
5. Selenium :
- This is an inexpensive form of the treatment.
- It helps to reduce the thyroid complications and also helps in the smooth running of the thyroid gland.
6. Potassium Iodide :
- It is an effective supplement which when taken after the nuclear attack can help to prevent the problems of the thyroid disease and the thyroid cancer.
- The people living within the hundred miles from the nuclear plants must have a potassium iodide bottle in hand to protect themselves from the complications of the thyroid.
- Specific levels of the potassium iodide has to be maintained.
7. Flouride :
- The flouride has been used in the tooth brush.
- What is good for the teeth is not good for the body.
- The flourine has been used as the ingredient for the treatment of hyperthyroidism and they are also supplied in sufficient quantities.
- The water, food, dental fillings and the water bottles are being manufactured by flourine.
- They can be allowed to be used by human beings only if they are tested to be flourine free.
8. Gluten Diseases :
- The celiac disease is alike the intolerance problems.
- The proteins in the wheat, rye, barley and the oats are not digested in the body of some of the people.
- So they need to be regularly checked for the complications.
- Expecting the doctor and the media to inform everything is a waste of time.
This article has focused on the home remedies of the thyroid. But there is a good thing that the people need to note while undergoing the treatment for thyroid. They have to watch whatever they eat by adhering to a proper diet. It is also good to drink water on a proper basis. The use of the sponge on the body to enhance the skin is quite a common treatment in thyroid.
The healthy bowel movement must also be noted they will avoid the accumulation of the harmful toxins in the blood stream because it is fatal for a person ailing from thyroid disease. There is no need to concentrate on the external types of the treatments for the thyroid. Instead they can be treated with the help of the natural foods. Additionally some of the lifestyle changes must also be used to cure the patient of the disease. Though it is not a serious disease, it can prove to be fatal if they are left untreated.
Thyroid Home remedies and how to prevent thyroid is explained well in this Health article. The treatment procedure is pretty simple & Easy to follow. Post your views!