The laser liposuction is known by many names, such as laser lipolysis, smart lipo, laser lipo and laser guided liposuction. It is used for the aesthetic purposes as the conventional liposuction. The laser liposuction works in many ways. First it breaks the cells of the skin into two and they are prepared for their removal. In this process, the blood vessels are coagulated so as to prevent bleeding. Then the cells under the skin are heated more for the production of the collagen that provides the elasticity to the skin. In the third step, the cells and the oils are removed to cause the change in shape and size of the body.
Liposuction has many merits and demerits in it. It works on the following parts of the body in similar ways to the traditional liposuction. The areas include chest region, buttocks, upper arms, thighs, areas of the neck, excess of male breast and the parts of the back. It removes also the irregularities of cellulite, scars and ripplings on the skin. There are various types of lasers. The usage of each type of laser depends on the condition and the kind of treatment necessary for the body. They mainly differ in terms of frequency and the severeness of the body. The laser liposuction is used on those parts of the body which requires only the tightening of the skin.
The pros and cons of the laser liposuction do not vary much when compared to the conventional liposuction methods. But the difference has to be borne in mind when one plans to have a laser liposuction in the future.
Laser Liposuction Advantages
- The cannulas that are employed in the use of the laser liposuction are generally smaller than those used in the conventional liposuction methods. They generally form small holes than the conventional ones.
- It is a less invasive procedure.
- It only melts the fat rather than scraping them off.
- Local anesthesia is used in the process of liposuction surgery rather the risky general anesthesia.
- This targets on the formation of the collagen in such a way the skin will be restored to its former state after the treatment.
- It only forms invisible scarring and the scars are not visible to the naked eye.
- It does not take long time and the patient will usually recover after some time.
- No other problems will arise as the minimal amount of heat is used to heat the fat cells with precision and the excess eradication of the cells do not take place.
- The companies in the developed nations have come with the different notions of the laser liposuction to enhance the future of the people and the technology.
- There are many proven records of the benefits of the liposuction.
- After the surgery, the patient can perform their normal duties as before.
- The support of the other people is not required by the patients as they can very much manage on their own.
- The follow up treatment is not so difficult like the other methods of treatments.
Cons Of laser Liposuction
Just like advantages, there are various disadvantages in the laser liposuction. Those are,
- The costs involved in the process of the laser liposuction is expensive.
- The infections can easily affect the cuts in the body of the patient who have undergone the process of liposuction by means of laser.
- Improper use of the laser will lead to burns and the formation of scars often.
- In the case of gaining weight for the second time, the people are subjected to do the process of liposuction again but not on the same area again.
- The technology is not much developed in some parts of the countries that use the technology.
- Some third world countries are not aware of the laser liposuction procedure.
- Some advancement in technology has resulted in the invention of smart lipo laser liposuction that has got the approval from the FDA in the USA. It is a smart invention that helps to get the desired results with no pain.
- If the surgery is not done properly it may result in the formation of lumps and in the results that are odd.
- In case of fat removal for the second time, it is not removed from the same area as before. Instead some other place is chosen as the point for it.
- There are chances for the underlying internal organs to be damaged during the process of the laser beam transmission.
- Some antibody injection is given to the patients during the time of the surgery. That helps to eradicate the problem of infection. But that causes the complications in some women.
- The treatment is very costly. This cannot be afforded by many normal people.
- If the infusement of the fluid is increased, the capacity of the action of the water is reduced.
These are the well established facts of the benefits and the risk factors of the laser liposuction. The patients can manage their prospects and their expectations well to get benefited by it.