Pranayama is derived from the two words of the sanskrit language. They are ‘prana’ that means the force of life and ‘ayama’ that means control or monitoring. It means together as the ‘monitoring of the force of life’. Some people wrongly interpret it as the controlling of one’s own breath. But it is not so. The correct interpretation is the overseeing of the life force of the earth that exists in the body of the people as well. The force of the life exists to control the human and its vital organs. The pranayama helps to increase the scope of the life of the people. This improves the development of the human beings both physically and spiritually. It helps to elevate the generational quality of the life.
The human brain is used to access the hidden parts of the brain and helps in the development of the spiritual knowledge of the people who seek it. The ancients laud the pranayama as one of the most purifying techniques of the mind. The action of the pranayama yoga practice is similar to the act of the goldsmith cleansing the gold from all impurities by the use of a furnace and the blowing stick.
Esoteric Means of Pranayama:
The ancient sages like Manu and Patanjali applaud the pranayama as the esoteric means of achieving the purposes of life. The human consciousness is akin to that of a pure ego that exists in the space. The human mind is affected by the three different modes of the human nature such as passion and ignorance. Just as a fire is covered by a smoke, the human intellect is covered at all times by the smokes of ignorance and passion. It is this that the pranayama seeks to abolish. It merges the human mind with the supreme bliss. The effects of the pranayama yoga techniques are backed with science.
The human minds are corrupted by these modes of human nature by all impurities of the mundane objects of the world such as love, hate, desire, jealousy, greed, lust, scandals, robbery and etc. These are not the characters of the human beings but these are the stains of the devil. This keeps the human beings far away from his inner nature. So the pranayama helps the man to be free from the shackles of his bondage. It burns the past sins of the person and the pure self of the people are shown to them so that they may travel in its path. In other words just as a fire destroys everything in its path, the pranayama too destroys the accumulation of the sins. The humans must strive to attain the common goals of salvation. They are very simple and have been echoed in all the ancient texts. It is the obligation of the man to follow the teachings with all the spirit and determination to strive for the salvation.
Pranayama Yoga Benefits:
Pranayama is a combination of both inhaling and exhaling the air. This when done in the systematic way is necessary to elevate the human existence from the lowest mundane levels to the highest spiritual levels. This breathing yoga method provides many benefits. This cures many problems. The benefits are,
- The pranayama helps to control the aging problems in people who regularly practice it.
- It is highly associated with the seat of intelligence and so the intelligence levels of the people are improved.
- Pranayama helps in the proper circulation of oxygen.
- The weight of the body is regularly maintained as more oxygen in the body helps to burn fat.
- It protects the body from the various disorders and diseases. It shields the body from the various negative energies.
- The vigour and the body condition of the people are reconstructed as it were normally.
- The lungs are expanded well in this exercise. They are maintained in a healthy state throughout the life of the person.
- The digestion problems are eradicated. The foods are assimilated properly and the digestion takes place with no complications.
- The heart problems and the blood pressure are curbed from affecting the people.
- The dental health is maintained at a proper state. The gums and the teeth are provided with sustenance.
- The phlegm and the mucus associated with fever is cured by the regular practice of the pranayama.
- The tonsils are also cured by this breathing yoga practice.
- Pranayama calms the mind and provides the blood flow to it in increased quantity. The stability of the mind is ensured.
- It sustains the overall happiness of the people like the spiritual bliss, mental and the physical factors.
- Constipation is eradicated from the person who regularly practices the pranayama.
- It eradicates the negative aspects like stress, anxiousness and the build-up of tension.
- The common human traits that undermine their efficiency like depression, blandness and lassitude are ousted from the mind of those who regularly practice pranayama.
- The lustre of the human face increases and the eyes vision increases greatly.
- Pranayama helps in the correct portraying one’s activities that befits them and obstructs the wavering of the mind to the mundane things again.
The Pranayama is a spiritual bridge that connects the human beings to the higher spiritual levels of existence. The person who practices for just a few days will greatly be impressed by its benefits. Practicing it regularly helps in the attainment of the noblest qualities.