The thyroid is one of the most important hormones of the body. It converts the food we eat into the energy that is needed by the body. The maintenance of the heat in the body owes to the thyroid hormone. It is the best hormone when it comes to maintain the weight of the body. It either leads to increase or decrease the weight. The thyroid glands are the most mismanaged hormones and glands of the body. The women are at a higher risk of thyroid problems than men. This is because they are prone to the problems of the menopause and the childbearing.
A general disease that affects as a result of the irregular secretion of the thyroid hormone is the Hashimoto’s Disease. It is a condition in which the body attacks the thyroid hormones. The people resort to taking several tests in order to confirm the problem of the thyroid. But these tests often mislead them. This is because the tests do not provide with any certain clues as to the reasons for the problems that lurk the thyroid. The doctors will not find any symptoms to match the requirements of the thyroid but the patients will be sure of the fact that the underlying problems occur as a result of the thyroid glands.
There are two types of the thyroid hormones in the body. They are T4 and T3. The T4 is the most common form of the thyroid hormones. It has been said about 82% of the thyroid hormones in the body is in the form of T4. The T4 gets converted into T3 in the blood, brain and the other parts of the body. The T3 is the much needed form of the thyroid hormone in the body. The thyroid problems can be noted by either the insufficient production of the T4 or the inability of the T4 to be converted into the T3.
This is the most active forms of the thyroid hormone. The T3 enhances the power house of the cells. The power houses of the cells are the mitochondria. They metabolize the fats into the various forms of the energy in the body. The T3 gets inside the mitochondria and regulates it to metabolize the carbohydrates, fats and proteins.
The treatment involves the diagnosis of any one of the above symptoms. There are different ways to treat the thyroid. The application of the different prescribed medicines and the tablets will ultimately affect the body in any other way. So to prevent the body from being attacked in other ways, the natural means of increasing the thyroid hormones are the best sought remedies. The home remedies do not cause any ill effects but are very beneficial to the body. They also provide other benefits to the body with the supply of the adequate nutrients.
Increasing The Thyroid Hormones By Natural Means :
Once a person is affected by the thyroid problems, there is no way to be cured of them. We can only treat them. The best way to treat the thyroid problems is to eat a well balanced diet. The nutrients that are rich in the foods will be able to supply the much needed nutrients to the food and help in the proper functioning of the thyroid glands.
Moderate Amount Of The Calories :
- The key here is to cut down on the extra calories.
- Of course, the calories are needed for the body but too much of them will spoil the body.
- But in the pretext of reducing the calories, the people will reduce their regular intake of the foods.
- This reduces their nutritive intake and makers their body weak and sore.
- As a result of the reduced intake of the nutrient rich foods, the body will become deficient of the iodine and the other nutrients and finally this results in the problems of the thyroid glands.
- This also causes some or the other functions that disrupt the evolutionary functions of the body.
- The body, as a result of the reduced intake of the food, thinks that it gets only a low amount of the food and withdraws its metabolism functions.
- This results in the insufficient gain of the energy. So the body becomes weak and will be unable to perform the normal chores.
- So the calories must not be compensated by also increasing the intake of the foods.
- This can be done by keeping an eye on the level of the thyroid hormone in the body.
- This is because the thyroid is responsible for the synthesis of the fats, carbohydrates and the proteins.
- So when the thyroid hormones do not function properly, then there will be a huge task of reducing the amount of the fat and the calories in the body.
Surge Of The Proper Nutrients :
- Despite providing the body with calories, it is equally beneficial to provide the body with a surge of the dense nutrients.These can be got from the solid foods that are essential in the synthesis of the various nutrients.
- The nutrients like the iodine, selenium and the zinc help in the secretion or the production of the thyroid hormone.
- If any one thinks that they do not get the enough nutrients from the food, they can make use of the supplements that are available in the market. But it is advised to eat the nutrient rich foods as they have other nutrients that are rich in the other nutrients that help to assimilate them.
Exercise more to increase Thyroid hormones :
- The other way to increase the thyroid hormone by natural ways other than the food and the nutrients are the proper exercise regimes.
- The exercise will increase the heartbeat of a person and the rate of the heartbeat is directly linked to the production to the thyroid hormone.
- The more the heartbeat occurs, the more the production of the thyroid hormone will be.
- This can be achieved by the level of the interval training that is high in intensity.
- This helps to naturally increase the levels of the thyroid hormone and decreases the amount of the fat in the body.
- It is not fair to do some rigorous exercises only when the body is affected by the low thyroid levels.
- The people have to imagine that they have one and start practicing some exercises in order to prevent the low thyroid symptoms.
- The intake of the nutritious foods when coupled with the medications and the exercises will increase the levels of the thyroid that are needed for the body to function properly.
Heat Therapy :
- This is similar to that of the exercises.
- The use of the heat to treat the body will effectively help to get rid of the accumulated toxins that have been present in the body for a long time doing some harm.
- For achieving the wanted results, the sauna belts and other heat devices to naturally get rid of the stored toxic materials.
- The presence of the toxins will affect the thyroid functions of the body.
- It has been said that the accumulated toxins can be found in the fats of the skin as the deposits of the pesticides.
- These thyroids, if left untreated will cause the hypothyroidism.
- The stress is one of the psychological factor that affects the way the thyroid gland functions.
- The functions of the thyroid gland will be very low when the person is under stressful conditions and the continued stress will affect the thyroid gland permanently.
- So any treatment that must be provided to the stressed persons must be aimed at providing full treatment as the means to reduce the stress.
Thyroid Therapy :
- The thyroid therapy is used to provide some people with the low thyroid levels.
- The thyroid levels can be treated by the armour therapy that provides for the loss of the thyroid that can be substituted in its place.
- This helps in regaining the composition of the body and also the other factors that get immobilized due to the absence of the thyroid in adequate quantities.
- The level of the thyroid in the body can be found by the thyroid stimulating hormone called as the TSH.
- These conventional remedies only provide a partial solution and do not provide a full recovery.
- Not all the foods provide the body with the much needed nutrients.
- So consuming the supplements under the supervision of the doctor is a nice idea.
- The supplements like the thyrosol and the adreset will provide the body with a surge of the much required nutrients that are essential for the proper functioning of the thyroid glands.
- These supplements are packed with the proper nutrients but suffer from a major drawback that allows the improper processing of some of the nutrients that are in the supplements.
- So it is wise to eat the natural foods that have got some nutrients or the enzymes that help in the assimilation of the nutrients.
Lowering The Levels Of The Insulin :
- The levels of the insulin in the body will determine the state of the thyroid hormone.
- If the quantity of the insulin is very high in the body, then the level of the thyroid will be very low.
- This is called as the low thyroid.
- The foods that lower the insulin levels must be eaten more. This is the best and the natural way to balance the levels of the thyroid in the body.
- Doing proper exercises will also make the thyroid levels to be kept in check.
- The thyroid levels are fluctuating often and so it is necessary to keep them regulated.
- This is a healthy herb and is not found all over the world.
- It helps in the synthesis of the T4 into T3.
- So this must be eaten in large quantities.
- The other free radicals, triglycerides and the cholesterol can be reduced by the use of the guggul.
- The problems and the pains in the knees and the joints can be also relieved using the guggul.
Iodine is a matter of fact:
- The iodine is the most effective remedy used in the treatment of the thyroid glands.
- Any problem or complication in the thyroid glands can be eradicated by the use of the thyroid.
- The bromine that is found in the white and the plain breads will result in the deficiency of the iodine.
- So the foods that are rich in the bromine must be avoided at all costs.
- Instead the containers of the common salt and the table salt must be sprinkled with some amount of the iodine.
- Nowadays there are many iodised salts in the market.
- The iodine is very useful in the production of the thyroid hormone and also on the treatment of the breast cancer.
Iron Rich Foods :
- Along with the iodine, the iron must also be used along to effectively treat the condition of the thyroid glands.
- The iron infiltrates inside the cells and is responsible for the proper functioning of the thyroid glands.
- The iron rich foods like the asparagus, spinach and dates must be eaten more.
- The dark green drinks are a vast storehouse of the iron and they also supply the body with the ample amount of it.
- The women with a heavy menstrual flow will be deprived of the iron content and they must consume more of the iron rich foods.
- In lab studies, this herb has been found to stimulate more of the T3 production.
- Besides, it also provides nourishment to the weakened and stressed adrenal glands.
- Indian Ginseng also causes the levels of the cortisol, a stress hormone to go down.
- This adversely results in the reduction of the lose belly fat.
- The use of the probiotics is very essential for the stimulation of the thyroid hormone.
- The healthy bacteria in the gut must be maintained.
- The supplements of the probiotic food must be increased and they will have to be had more in contrast to the other foods.
- This also replenishes the gut bacteria that is very crucial for the healthy thyroid glands.
- This aims for the balance and the proper well being of all the hormones.
- This can be taken orally and can be also injected in the form of a injection inside the body.
- The vitamins are needed for the execution of the proper functions in the body.
- The vitamin D can be obtained by the exposure to the direct sunlight.
- Care must be had to not overexpose the body to the sun.
- The average amount of the exposure to the sun that has been recommended is only twenty minutes.
- The correct time to expose to the sun is about the times during the sunset and the sunrise.
- The vitamin C also helps to replenish the body and also stimulate the thyroid hormone of the body.
Zinc And Copper :
- The improper quantities of the zinc and the copper will only allow the T3 levels of the thyroid to become decreased.
- This is because these are the much needed minerals for the proper functioning of the thyroid glands.
- The studies have proved that the hypothyroidism and the hyperthyroidism will result due to the low levels of the zinc and copper in the body.
- The deficiency of the copper will also result in the heart problems and other deficiencies.
- The selenium is very helpful to the body in a variety of ways.
- The selenium acts as a detox that helps to protect the thyroid glands at the time of the stress.
- The selenium compounds are also responsible for the synthesis of the T4 into T3 that is very accessible.
- The proper selenium levels of the body also help to maintain the iodine in the body.
- The selenium acts as the repository to maintain the metabolic level of the body and also the supply of the thyroid levels to the various organs and the tissues in the body.
Lifestyle Changes :
- The cure or treatment for any problem starts right from the human body.
- Proper sedentary lifestyle has been mistaken by the people and they love to spend their days as a couch potato indoors.
- This though protects the body does not obtain the right amount of the exercise to the body.
- This also makes them weak and also prone to many illness in the body.
- Proper rest and going to bed early in the night will help the body to become reposed and also helps to get a very good and fit physical composure.
Related: Home remedies for Thyroid
Foods That have To be Eaten To Cure Thyroid :
The thyroid is a gland that controls the major functions of the body. This decides how the body makes use of the food to convert them into energy and heat. When the thyroid glands slow down, then ultimately the system and the functions of the entire body gets affected. This can be considered as a Thyroid food diet as well.
There are many factors for the thyroid to malfunction and they cannot be almost eliminated. But they can be controlled by the intake of certain food substances.
a. Apple :
- The apples are the best fruits when it comes to the nutritive value.
- The apples help to flush the toxic substances like the lead and the mercury from the body.
- These toxins mimic the iodine in all the ways and they get attached to the fat in the cells and the blood.
- This affects the thyroid gland in many ways and they have to be eliminated from the body.
- The pectin that is a type of the fiber present in the apples will help in the eradication of the toxins in the urine.
- This is done by the fibers that get attached to the toxins and help in their elimination.
- The research has proved that the people who eat more of the apples have been able to eliminate more amount of the harmful substances.
b. Seaweed :
- The main fuel for the thyroid gland is the iodine just like the oil that is needed for the burning of the lamps.
- The table salt contains an ample amount of the iodine and this can be used in the daily foods.
- Several organizations have led an outcry to reduce the amount of the salt that is used in the daily food.
- So salt is not the only food item to possess the iodine.
- It is also found in the seaweeds.
- Just a few spoons of the seaweeds are necessary to provide enough of the iodine supplements that is needed for a week.
- Besides, they also help to reduce the fat in the body.
c. Nuts :
- The nuts are rich in the selenium.
- The selenium is the much needed mineral that helps to regulate the thyroid glands.
- The people who suffered with thyroid problems were found to be some common symptoms of the deficiency of the selenium.
- The selenium is necessary for the conversion of the T4 into T3.
- Besides, this also also helps to protect the thyroid glands from some inflammations.
- The essential minerals in the nuts help to remove the anti thyroid particles from the bodies of the humans and also they help in the reduction of the belly fat by the presence of the L-arginine.
d. Oysters :
- The oysters are rich in the zinc.
- The adequate quantity of the zinc is needed for the production of the thyroid hormones and the latter are necessary for the assimilation of the zinc.
- The deficiency of the zinc results in the slow metabolic rate and also in the build up of fats in the body.
- The thirty mg of the zinc that is obtained from about six raw oysters are necessary for the proper functioning of the glands of the body.
- The people who regularly consumed the oysters for about a week were able to reduce the weights and other complications that arose in their body.
e. Poultry Meat :
- The meat of the chicken and the poultries are very rich in the dopamine and tyrosine.
- The tyrosine are the building blocks of the thyroid hormone and the lack of the dopamine results in the weight loss and hunger.
- The chicken meat is also rich in the amino acids that help in the production of the thyroid hormones.
- The tyrosine is also present in the dark and green leafy vegetables and milk products but the meat of the poultry animals have the added benefit of being rich in the vitamin B12 that helps in the eradication of the sluggish symptoms of the low metabolic rate.
f. Yoghurt :
- The yoghurt is obtained from the milk.
- The yoghurt is rich in the vitamin D that enables the proper functioning of the thyroid glands.
- The deficiency of the vitamin D also causes the problems of the low thyroid hormone level.
- The yoghurt maximises the immunity of the body and also reduces the swellings of the body.
- The probiotics present in the bacteria also help in the survival of the bacteria in the gut.
g. Salmon :
- Of all the fishes in the seas and oceans, the salmon is the most beneficial one.
- It reduces the swellings if present in the body.
- The salmon is rich in the vitamins and omega-3 fatty acids.
- According to a recent survey conducted by the scientists in America, it has been proved that the people who consumed more of salmon were able to reduce their weights other than those who ate other types of the fishes like the cod fish etc
- The nutrients of the salmon may also trigger the cells in the liver to produce more thyroid hormone.
h. Green Tea :
- Of all the hot beverages, the tea is the most nutritive drink.
- People who drank more tea than coffee were able to relate themselves to many of the good functions of the body that surpasses the effects of those who drank coffee.
- The green teas are the most valuable drink in the world.
- They are rich in the antioxidants called as the catechins. These help in the prevention of some of the dangerous toxins that affect the thyroid.
- They flush out the toxins from the body.
- The fats of the cells and the body are also burnt by the powerful nutrients of the green tea.
i. Olive Oil :
- The human body needs the support of the healthy fats in order to reduce some cholesterol in the body.
- The olive oil is rich in the healthy fats.
- The virgin olive oil is the most effective form of the olive oil.
- They contain serotonin that help the people absorb all the nutrients.
- They help to suppress the feeling of the hunger and also to increase the metabolism of the body.
- The olive oil imbibed with the polyphenols helps to reduce the risks of the cancer, disorders of the brain and osteoporosis.
j. Eggs :
- The eggs are rich in all the nutrients like the proteins, vitamins, iron, copper, zinc etc.
- The white of the eggs are low in calories and it is the yolk that is rich in cholesterol.
- But some new studies have found that the eating of two eggs a day does not risk the chances of cholesterol in the body.
k. Whole Fat Milk :
- The skimmed and the heated milk will be reduced of the fat and the calcium.
- The whole fat milk will be full of the calcium that helps to burn the fat in the body.
- The people who drank whole fat milk regularly were able to burn more fat and reduce the fat in the body than the other people who did not.
l. Whole Grain Foods :
- The foods that are prepared from the whole grains take much time to digest than the foods that have been prepared from the processed and refined grains.
- The whole grain foods have to be eaten along with the foods that are rich in the fiber.
- The foods that are rich in the fiber are sprouted beans, quinoa and banana.
- Eating more quantity of the whole grain foods will stress the metabolism of the body and also enhance the metabolism of the body.
m. Garlic :
- The garlic has been acknowledged as a super herb.
- The garlic is helpful in the metabolism of the fats in the blood.
- The glucose level of the blood is also maintained by the use of the garlic in the foods.
- The garlic helps to boost the immunity of the body and prevents certain diseases like the heart disease, cardiac arrest and other problems.
- The swellings if present in the thyroid gland will be reduced and the blood pressure gets lowered.
n. Chocolates :
- The use of the chocolates in the treatment of the thyroid is quite unheard of.
- But it actually works.
- The chocolate helps in the reduction of the stress and increases the metabolism of the body.
- This was proved by a research that was conducted by the German scientists.
- The flavonoids that were present in the chocolates were able to reduce the amount of the toxins in the body.
- So this is indeed a green flag to consume more and more of the dark chocolate.
- But the average volume for a day must not exceed more than two ounces for a day.
o. Lentils :
- The iron deficiency is the worst type of the deficiency that affects a person.
- This normally affects the women who lose their blood due to the monthly menstrual periods.
- The lentils provide over the amount of the required quantity of the iron that is needed for a day.
- The lentils are also effective in warding of the cholesterol and also maintains the pressure of the blood.
p. Kola Nut Tea :
- This tea is rich in the caffeine.
- The surplus amount of the caffeine helps to increase the rate of the metabolism of the body.
- The tea when drunk in the morning helps to be relieved of the morning drowsiness.
- The kola nut tree is mostly available in small quantities and it is wise to drink it in the most saturated form.
q. Red Tea :
- This type of the tea is prepared by the boiling of the leaves of the rooibos plant.
- This plant is found extensively in South Africa and also in the Cederberg region.
- The red tea is rich in the Aspalathin that is a flavonoid that is present in the red tea.
- The polyphenols obstruct the formation the generation of the new fat cells in the body.
- The metabolism of the body is also enhanced.
- The red tea contains sweet taste and does not need any artificial sweeteners.
r. Peppers :
- It is a known fact that the chillies help to rev the metabolic rate of the body.
- This is due to the presence of the capsaicin.
- But even eating the non spicy foods like peppers, helps to increase the metabolic rate of the body with the presence of the dihydrocapsiate.
- So it is necessary to garnish the foods with the help of peppers.
s. Broccoli :
- The broccoli has the combined effects of the vitamin C and the calcium.
- This combination helps in the increased amount of the metabolism.
- It is also rich in the fiber content of the body.
- The broccoli has also some cancer reducing agents in them.
- These agents help to make the cancer genes ineffective.
- According to a recent survey the people who ate about four servings of the broccoli in a week developed less chances of cancer than those who ate too little or did not eat at all.
t. Butter Fruit :
- On behalf of the cholesterol and trans fats and saturated fats, avocado has the monounsaturated fats that help in increasing the metabolic activity.
- They are also rich in fiber and antioxidants that get rid of the antioxidants.
- Free radicals are the rowdy oxygen molecules that tend to damage the body.
- The antioxidants are the natural products of metabolism. They also help to stimulate different chain reactions in the body that exterminate the cells and DNA that causes several types of health complications.
- The presence of the antioxidants in the other natural foods help to nullify free radicals. They can not affect the mitochondria.
- This creates a problem if the mitochondria is not functioning properly and this results in the weak metabolism.
- A completely new research conducted in Mexico by the name of Enter Avocado proved that the presence of the monounsaturated-rich oil obtained from the fruit can help mitochondria to withstand the attack.
- The results were found to be compact with the results that were found when olive oils were used.
As this article has stated the use of the natural means to treat the thyroid is a welcome process and there are a variety of the foods available. These are effective than the common treatment procedures.