IVF (In-Vitro Fertilization) is one among the techniques which is usually done to enhance the chances of women getting pregnant among the couples. Usually, most of the couples are affected with such problems which may either be internal or external. In medical terms, such state of a person is usually called as Infertility. Before stepping into the in vitro fertilization (IVF) treatment procedures, it is necessary to know among couples, who is affected with the infertility problems and treatment procedures should be started with immediate effect if the age of the women in the couple is more than 35. In this article, we will have a look at the In-Vitro Fertilization Success Rates and also some of the reasons for making this procedure very successfully executed.
What is IVF Success Rate?
They can be well explained as the rate of pregnancy after the patient undergoing the treatment. IVF success rates are calculated usually by various methods by people all over the world,but the common procedure to calculate the In-Vitro Fertilization is usually done by dividing the number of successful pregnancies by the total number of procedures performed by the fertilization center. It may be astonishing, that even an individual center may have varied rates of success keeping the base procedure as a major criteria. These IVF success rates can be further classified into the Clinical Pregnancy and Live Birth Rate.
The clinical pregnancy rate is often used when there is no sufficient data available about the live birth rate.The reason behind this because the pregnancy stage is usually 40 weeks and within that 40 weeks if the IVF centers are keen on publishing their success rates, the number of pregnancies that has occurred can be used for publishing the success rate before the patient reached the end result. This is usually calculated as the number of clinical pregnancies by the number of procedures performed.
Live Birth Rate:
Even though, there are many methods showing the success rate of a particular IVF center, most of the people have started showing interest in knowing the live birth rate of an IVF center. The live birth rate shows the number of successful babies born after completing the IVF treatment cycle, since there are also some patients who end up in miscarriage even at the end point of the procedure. It is much unlikely that the success rates may get published only after a year within which the performance of the IVF center may have either increased nor decreased. This is usually calculated by dividing the number of successful babies born by the total number of procedures performed by the center.
Measures for increasing success rate:
There are some measures which will help in producing a good success rate for an IVF center as follows:
- Females who have a healthy immune and are under the age of 38, have more possibilities of thawed embryo cyro-preservation. They also have a reserve for the ovaries which calculates the level of serum in the body and may have undergone stimulation have some impact on producing high success rate.
- Repeated attempts of the procedure and the preservation of the fertilized eggs for future use of the couples helps in higher success rates. These may not only be effective but also prove to be efficient in the cost.
Factors Affecting IVF Success Rates:
Similarly there are also some factors which may affect the success rate of the IVF procedure. Such factors are
- The age of the women which depicts a clear picture of the ovarian reserve in the women.
- The status of the uterus, since at some times the uterus may behave abnormally and also the semen quality must be cultured.
- The success of the failure rates of fertilization rate in the technique also affects the rate.
- The number , quality and quantity of the fertilized eggs also play an important role once when they are retrieved.
- The total number of embryos which have been transferred successfully and preserved also contributed the factors affecting IVF rates.
- The root cause of infertility is also a main reason behind the failure of this IVF treatment and also the transfer of the luteal phase.
Also it can be vital to know about the experience and the treatment procedure to be followed by the physician so as to make sure that the patient gets confident about the chances of getting pregnant. Hence this also contributes to one of the factors which may crucially affect the success rate of the procedure.
The success rate can be also increased by checking the hormonal and ovarian reserve levels of the women who are older in age and they can be requested to donate the eggs from their ovaries, which may help other patients of the same age to attain pregnant. This is also one of the most important factors which determines the success rate of the person.