The HPV vaccine is very controversial. This is partly due to the age at which it is given to the patients. The doctors do not consider it to be a good idea to provide the patients with the vaccine before their secondary sexual characters and activities develop in their body. This distorts the formation of the secondary sexual characters that generally develop in the period of adolescence. It must not be given to the young children also because they already would have been subjected to the use of many vaccines and the addition of this would result in serious complications. It has two-fold tasks of providing the body with sustenance. Primarily it fights against the cervical cancers that is brought about by the hpv virus. Secondly it prevents the formation of the genital warts. This has led to the speculation that it is more suited to the girls than boys.
Human Papillomavirus is a Sexually Transmitted Disease. It is the dominant disease in the USA. It has been said that about more than a million get affected by the disease every year. It is a persistent disease and can cause the other problems such as anal cancer, throat cancer, penile cancer, genital warts and vaginal cancer. The government of America has suggested the use of the Gardasil vaccines in both boys and girls between the ages of twelve and thirteen. This helps to stop the spreading of the virus to the sexual mates. It generally does not protect from all types of cancers and so the girls must take the paps test additionally.
The people who are pregnant, breast feeding mothers and those who have allergies to the yeast can strictly be away from the vaccine. They must notify it to their doctors. After the use of the vaccines, more than three hundred people were reported to have had side effects.
Read: Teenage Pregnancy Pros & Cons
It is the decision of the person to decide if the vaccines are worth the risks. So that we are listing the pros and the cons of Human Papillomavirus Vaccine. Read on!
Pros of HPV Vaccine:
- The HPV vaccine can with effort avert the risks of death from the patients if they administer to the treatments early. It has been speculated that the women treated early can save their lives. The use of the vaccines can reduce the deaths due to the cervical cancers.
- The studies and the records have been trustworthy as it shows rapid decline in the rate of the ill effects of the HPV virus. The government has introduced several campaigns that help to save the teenage children from the negative effects of the virus.
- The genital warts are benign cells that get transmitted from person to person through touch, oral sex and petting. These can be reduced by the dose of the HPV vaccines.
- Though the cervical cancer is reputed to be the most frequent form of the cancer caused by the HPV (Human Papillomavirus), a new threat has resurfaced. It is the throat cancer. The throat cancer generally affects those who smoke and use tobacco much. But now it has been proved that throat cancers are also prevalent in those who do not smoke. Gardisil is unable to provide relief from the disease due to the complex biological factors of the disease. So this vaccine is used to provide sustenance from the disease.
- The people when treated by other medicines were dead. But when found by treating them with this vaccine, the death rates were found to decrease.
- This vaccine is backed up by the scientific factors and constituents that make it up.
- The vaccine gives the maximum protection to the person that endures for at least eight years to fifteen years. The use of a booster is not required since it provides lifelong protection.
Check: Stop Pregnancy by Safe methods
HPV Vaccine’s Cons:
- The vaccine is healthy enough to eradicate the HPV from the body. But the side effects caused by the vaccine are a point of major concern. Some people have experienced mild to major chronic sense of fatigue and even pain.
- People with an aversion towards the components of the vaccine like yeast, Aluminium, Sodium and the administration of less dose of the vaccine before will be prone to death.
- In the year of 2013, Japan withdrew its assistance in propagating the vaccine. Then the other countries like Israel, France, Spain and China followed to do so. It was found to cause harm to the young girls.
- There are other alternate medicines that treat the people affected by the HPV (Human Papillomavirus). For instance pap is a type of medicine that treats the people effectively.
- The cost of the vaccine is costly than the other forms of treatments. It costs around $130.
- The expense of the vaccination is not covered by some of the insurance companies.
- The whole plan of the vaccination must be covered in a time of six months with three doses. Most people skip the last two doses. The doctors too have their own system of providing the doses. Some doctors administer the patient with about two doses rather than the three doses in a span of a year.
The people must analyze both the benefits and the limitations of the vaccine. The parents must jot down the time, amount, brand, date and the dose of the vaccines in order to have a clear picture of their children’s lives. They must also brief this topic with their doctors before concluding any decision.