The Fat Transfer Breast Augmentation employs the use of the fat from the other parts of the body like thighs, buttocks and stomach to fill in the area of the breasts to make it look normal. This is an alternative to the artificial methods of implants like saline and silicone implants that are being done for the augmentation techniques. This particular method of the breast augmentation helps to levelize the abnormalities in the breasts or to fill in the existing shapes of the breasts. The implanted breasts that have been already done can also be made to look smooth. It makes the patients get a desired feel and shape to their breasts without the need for the use of incisions and artificial implants.
This augmentation does not produce sudden results but will take some time for the results to be visible. For the permanent growth it takes about half a year. In short, it requires dedication and patience to be able to achieve the needed results. It is not a type of surgery but requires the grafting of one’s own fat into the breasts. The harm that comes from antibodies is not applicable in this case of breast augmentation because it is the fat of their own body that gets used in the process of this augmentation.
Method of Insertion of Fat
The doctors assimilate the fat from the other parts of the body through liposuction. They take care that the living cells do not damaged in this process by using water. This is brought by the use of a laser to do it perfectly. The accumulated fat are then placed in the breasts in the form of fat droplets. The fat must be inserted into the right places so that the blood will be supplied to them perfectly. It is in this place the expertise and the knowledge of the doctor comes into play.
Pros and cons of Fat Transfer Breast Augmentation
Advantages / Pros / Merits:
- It provides the people with a speedy increase in the size of the breasts.
- The natural appearance and feel of the breasts will be kept.
- The scars formed will be less when compared with the other forms of implants.
- The cosmetic surgeons can shape the breasts according to the wish of the patient.
- The breasts that were changed by the fat transfer need ample supply of blood. Only then they will be able to expand and wither when the person puts on weight or decreases weight. It becomes and acts as a natural weight.
- The risks of being affected by the foreign bodies is low. This is because the person gets grafted with their own fat. This helps them to be accustomed to themselves.
- The nipples do not lose their feeling of sensations as it is the person fat from the body that has been grafted in.
- Once after the fat transfer breast augmentation, a person becomes pregnant, she can breastfeed her baby.
- This procedure helps to tone the other parts of the body, Consider for an example the fat that is taken from the hips for grafting. It results in big breasts and small waist.
- It requires no hospitalization after the process.
- The Brava system is a new technique that helps to increase the breasts all on its own by replicating the cells.
Demerits or Cons of Fat Transfer Breast Augmentation:
- The major complaint that the people will naturally have towards this type of breast augmentation is the feel and look that they possess towards it. They are of the opinion that the breast have become heavy and are not natural. The fact is that the body has the capacity of reabsorbing the fat and so it takes about three months for the breasts to become normal.
- The women after the surgery will feel that their breasts are irregular and do not match their expectations. This can be avoided if they undergo the operation with the supervision of an experienced surgeon.
- During the time of the fat grafting. The patients will get allergic to the anesthesia.
- The lasers used at that time will also burns the patient’s body if used improperly.
- The costs the cosmetic surgeon varies from place to place and they are usually high. They cannot be afforded by the common people.
- Sometimes it needs more than one surgery to get the exact shape needed by the women.
- In case of thin women, the doctor will require them to gain weight or to have a donor for the breast augmentation.
- Some doctors also charge facility fee in addition to the processing charges if they happen to conduct the surgery in a separate facility other than their own clinics.
The patients are sincerely obliged to research the process, costs and the types of the fat transfer breast augmentation surgery before undertaking one. They are also requested to find out the benefits and the limitations that one has to consider before the surgery.