Many of us might have the problem of having some extra layer in their face and many might have been undergoing a phase at a very young age where their skin layer cells become weak and worn out showing an UN-impressive look on their face causing some wrinkles. There has been a myth that these problems are mainly caused due to ageing problems. But the true fact is, it is caused due to some unhealthy practices and unbalanced diet. Taking utmost care of your skin is not possible when you are filled with a long day which also leads to result in such problems.
What is Facelift?
The procedure involves a similar process that is followed for liposuction or any other types of plastic surgeries which are mostly performed by the cosmetologists or the experts of plastic surgery. The procedure can be done to remove the extra layer of skin in the face and provide a pleasant look. The process in medical terminology can also be called as Rhytidectomy. In this article, we have given a detailed analysis about the process after having collected facts and suggestions from the experts of Facelift Surgery.
Detailed Analysis of Facelift Surgery:
There are a series of processes that has to be done, once you make up your mind to undergo the surgical process. Also do remember that all the following points should be followed strictly to acquire better benefits.
Similar to other procedures, the marking for the incision process is usually made and hair removal on that region is usually performed before the operation in order to easily access the region in the operation theatre. Then the procedure is started by making a cut on the marked region which is usually started from the hair region or the region below the ear. Then the surgeon has the tedious task of identifying the layer of the skin which caused the early effect and should separate the layer from the skin and remove it.
Then the doctor decides whether some extra layer can be removed, and removes if available. Then the doctor decides to stitch the existing layers altogether to avoid the loosening of the skin and also completes the surgery by putting stitches on the incision area and covers them with a bandage. There may be some equipment which may be attached with the bandage to remove the excess blood and to avoid the formation of pus in the surgical wound.
Cost for Facelift Surgery:
The cost for the facelift surgery all around the world is found to be similar in most of the countries. The average cost for the surgery is expected to be around $11,500 to $12,500 US dollars around the globe. But this may also have a slight deviation when compared to other countries based on the facilities, extra taxes or concessions which may be given to the patients based on the medical center. There are also several other charges which include the rehabilitation charges after operation, the cost of staying in the hospital plus other expenses.
Advantages of Facelift Surgery:
There are several advantages of undergoing a facelift surgery. Some of the advantages are
- There is a great benefit of improving many regions in a single surgery. Once the surgery is performed many areas of the face can be concentrated in a single surgery. Main areas of concentration involve the cheek, chin and the layer near the ear.
- The surgery will provide you long term benefits for a longer period of time and also make you to look young even when they are really aged.
- The technique produces best result in re-aligning the neck and the maxillary portion of the body.
Disadvantages of Facelift Surgery:
Wherever there are advantages for any process, there would certainly be some disadvantages too. Some of the disadvantages that we have in consideration are
- The surgical process will not give a completely new outlook on your appearance, rather shows some signs of modifications in your face. This does not create a new look.
- There will be times when you start to feel low of not being satisfied completely even after the success results you have seen from the surgery.
- Sometimes you may feel that you don’t have a satisfactory result after undergoing the procedure in your early days and might have a reconsideration of thought to undergo the surgery once again.
- There may several effects like bruising and swelling in the region when there is no proper care taken. Also there are high possibilities of bleeding and getting infected to certain diseases.
The Facelift surgery may prove to be beneficial at the first look, but the real fact is it may be beneficial only too few people. The recovery period and the normal life can be time consuming at many occasions. Once the stitches are removed, the normal life can be resumed with some care to a certain extent. Make sure that you are the right person to undergo the surgery and also check out the surgeon and his experience who is going to perform the surgery.