The elliptical machines are a group of common physical training instruments. They have been named after their elliptical motion with which they are associated. There are many types of the elliptical machines in the market. They vary in size and purpose. It greatly assists those who wish to lose weight. They people who exercise with it regularly will not only lose weight but also shape their body in the desired manner. The people can make the use of it by either going to the gym or practicing with one in their houses.
It is associated with a seat to sit or it is not available. Two long poles are present at the front so that the person can swing the movement of the hands. Two pedals are placed at the bottom for a person to rest his feet and mimic the act of cycling. It has been designed in such a way that a person can mimic the action of walking, strolling, running and climbing. It provides the workout to all the parts of the body in an equal fashion. There are difference between Treadmill and Elliptical bike. The elliptical trainer machines are free to do and not boring as the other forms of equipment’s used for the physical exercise. The elliptical machine have been enhanced and many more features have been added as a result of its growing popularity.
The elliptical provides vast benefits to the people. But the critics have come up with the disadvantages of the elliptical. But though they are not worthwhile considerations. They must not be ignored.
Benefits of Elliptical
There are many benefits or pros of using the elliptical. They are as follows:
1. Quick Weight Loss:
- The weight of the body is lost by the means of using the elliptical.
- It is as efficient as the electric bikes and the treadmills.
- The track record that proves the effects of the elliptical is evident.
- As large number of muscles is used in this exercise the elliptical machine guarantee the loss of fat in all areas of the body equally.
- The calories get burnt in the body if the person uses this machine for the weight loss program regularly.
- The calories burnt depend on the age, sex, weight, capacity, power and determination of the person.
- The joints of the legs are protected unlike the other exercise machines.
- The treadmills require high impact workout whereas the elliptical machine require only a low impact.
- This is suitable for the old people who suffer from problems in the joints.
- The hips will also be relieved of pain by the use of this exercise.
3. Whole Body Workout:
- The elliptical machine provide numerous benefits to the body as a whole.
- The propelling of the hands back and fro helps in the proper movement of the hands and the hips. They will be provided with many advantages.
- The hands are required to be used as a whole and it ensures in the growth of the muscles on the hands.
- It is adaptable machine and the lower side of the body can be immensely enriched by the use of the elliptical.
- The pedals can be propelled backwards for a long time in order to work the buttocks and the glutes of the body.
- It is easy to adjust the speed of the elliptical machine.
- To increase the ABs on the abdomen the hands must be left off and the pedals can be pedalled with the focus on the abdomen.
- In the process of pedalling backwards the front part of the thigh can be worked.
- A slight change in it can make the hind parts of the thigh to be toned.
- The person must squat while propelling the pedals backwards.
- Similarly adjusting the body and the machine can result in the body being toned and fit.
4. Changing The Intensity of The Machine:
- The speed of the machine can be changed to mimic the actions of climbing and running.
- The intensity can be lowered initially and then it can be changed accordingly.
- The workout of a person can be altered by changing the speed of the machine.
5. No Injuries:
- The elliptical trainer machine do not cause injuries while a person is doing it.
- A person cannot fall.
- The elliptical is designed in such a way that the person will have a balance while practicing the elliptical.
- It is also easy to learn unlike the other types of the equipments.
6. Workout At Home:
- The elliptical machine can be used to domestically train the body.
- They do not need much space.
- They are inexpensive.
- They help to tone the various parts of the body.
7. Stronger Body:
- The body builds resistance from the acts of using this machine.
- The person will need to develop the same speed while using this equipment and so this helps to build up stamina.
- The muscles can develop faster than using any other type of the exercise equipment.
- The exercise may be done in a safe and a clean place unlike the outdoor running.
- The resistance of the legs can be improved by increasing the movement of the legs.
- It helps in the safe burning of the calories that is effective than the other forms of the exercise.
11. Natural Calamities:
- In case of any natural calamities the person can stay at home and exercise.
- The favorite TV shows can be watched simultaneously while engaging in the exercise.
Disadvantages Of Elliptical Machine
The cons that the elliptical suffers from the disadvantages are specified below:
1. Not A Choice For Building Muscles:
- The people who wish to tone the body muscles will not be able to reap goodness by the elliptical.
- For that happen to the person must use the other forms of the toning programs in the gym.
- The weights will only be reduced by the burning of calories.
2. Low Intensity:
- To the athletes who wish to get used with a very rigid machine this proves to be a drawback.
- The intensity with which the equipment works is only suited for the novice beginners.
- For all the people to buy the elliptical is not an easy task. The cost of the elliptical trainer machine is very expensive.
- This makes the common people to not buy the elliptical.
- It also careful observation to select a quality machine in order to buy one.
4. Limited Scope:
- The limited range of the equipment is essential to the beginners only.
- The equipment is difficult to use for the first time users as they may find it difficult to pedal when the intensity is full.
- A supplement is required for the elliptical trainer machine to work as the other efficient machines.
5. Cardio vascular Problems:
- The people develop heart problems that are chronic by the swinging of arms and the propelling of the pedals.
- The people with low strength can develop the possibility of developing spasms on the chests.
- Although it deeply provides sustenance to the joints the people often brag that it is too easy to use unlike the other equipment’s.
- As the feet stay on the pedals throughout the exercise, the person will develop a feeling that of emptiness.
- As they have a short stride, people with long strides can develop problems that can harm their knees.
9. Wrong Displays:
- The displays that portray the correct calorie burnt, distance travelled and the heat are all misleading in some cases.
- As with the case with all the workout equipment’s they only harbor the same moves again and again. This makes some people to cut their work short and decline doing it again.
The elliptical machine without the seat are said to be the best form options to reduce the body fat. They produce the heat in the body and induce the body to burn the calories. They make the muscles to work so hard that they require the voluntary movement of the entire muscles to cope up with the movements. The people have started to think about investing in these big machines. They have started to question its reliability as more and more products have flooded the market. There are numerous good records of athletes who were resourced by the proven record of the elliptical. After the advent of the elliptical the treadmill and the other forms of the exercise equipment’s have come out of demand.
The pros and the drawbacks of the elliptical is given briefly and it is up to the person to buy one for his purpose. It all requires a sense of commitment towards it to make it interesting.