Cord tissue is the tissue found in an umbilical cord of a baby. It possesses a particular type of stem cells that is quite different from those of the cord blood. The scientific researches that were made prove that the stem cells possess the power to cure certain clinical conditions that affects the bones, cartilage, tissues, the muscle and neurons. It has also been proved that the cord tissues of the stem cells possess the unique capability to quickly revitalize and transform as the therapies of cord tissue. The banking of the cord tissue makes use of the accumulation, removal, and retention of these incredible stem cells.
The placenta has an immense source of mesenchymal stem cells that are studied for their capability to regrow bone, chondrocytes, hamstring muscles and nerve cells. It is obvious that there are no clinical medications as of now. It is obtained only by the usage of the stem cells removed from the cord tissue.
Moreover, a notable number of studies are being conducted to better comprehend the value of the stem cells. The usages of the stem cells are being underscored against their significance to the scientific world as a whole. Scientists are concentrating on a broad range of body treatment areas like Parkinson’s disease, walking corpse syndrome, dementia, liver ulcers, deadly cancers, and the common sports injuries.
Advantages of Cord Tissue Banking:
- The tissues in the placenta are a rich source of the mesenchymal stem cells.
- They can stop the swellings, prevent the immune replies and help in tissue restoration and evolve into particular tissues like that of the cartilages.
- The development of the cord tissue and the mesenchymal cells are in the clinical stage. They are clinically tested for the potentialities in treating various diseases like anemia and cancers.
- The regenerative sphere of the medical field has gone to tremendous heights that it is easy to treat and regrow all the body parts of the human body.
- This cord tissue is the foundation for the revitalizing medicines to evolve as a part of the medical field. This is revolutionary.
- The suitable conditions to separate and examine MSCs for medical use are still in the developmental stage.
- The cord blood banks save a portion of a baby’s valuable cord tissue, having all the cells of it to increase the family’s future health guarantee.
- Cord tissue banking, in the modern days, will supply with plenty of the future choices for the benefits of the baby and its family.
- These cells and tissues have the power to cure all the diseases of the baby when he becomes an adult.
- There is no chance for the rejection of the cord tissues by the body. Its service extends even to its family.
- There is no need for the matching process to determine whether the tissues match with the baby and its family.
- They have the power to restore and cure the body from its afflictions.
Disadvantages of Cord Tissue Banking:
- The same cord tissue of the baby will not be provided to the baby if it is need of it even in the near future.
- The banks that store cord tissue are not well developed in most of the countries.
- The tissues are likely to need more treatment and supervision than all the other forms of the storage.
- The tissues are likely to get infected over the passage of time.
- There is no certainty that the person will have the use of the cord tissue in the future.
- Sometimes it becomes impossible to treat the siblings of the baby to treat with the cord tissue. This creates the necessity to maintain the cord tissue for all the family members.
- The method of storing and using it in the treatment of the cord blood is very expensive and there are no proper preservation methods in the world.
- The cord tissue banks will have no protection from the natural disasters. This needs the transportation of the samples from one place to another.
- Often the people will get infected by the use of the tissue in the cord banks.
- The cord bloods will not be adequate in the treatment of certain types of diseases.
- With the use of the freezing agents the cord tissues are likely to vapourize and evaporate from the plastic containers.
- The stem cell transplants will not be useful if the person suffers from a hereditary disorder. It will elevate the disease of the person on whom it is treated.
- Sometimes the freezing techniques will kill all the cells in the stem cells. Thus they will be deprived of the various benefits of the stem cells.
The advantages and the risks must be pondered by the people in order to have a transparent idea of the various better choices with which a life can be saved.