Breasts are the most sophisticated part of a female body. The estrogen hormone will play a vital role in the development of the female breasts. The female and male breasts remain the same till the time of puberty. It is only after that the female breasts become enlarged. The mammary glands are present in the females and are absent in the males. Sporting big breasts are considered by some women to be a blessing but some women consider it to be a bane. Not all women like to have the big breasts. In some people extreme discomfort and pain is experienced when they have big breasts.
Some people like to have their natural breasts shortened while others like to have their implants to be removed so that they can have small breasts again. So they opt to undergo for the breast reduction surgery. The women must examine the advantages and the limitations of the breast reduction surgery before undergoing one. They must feel free to approach a doctor to speak to them whether the surgery is suitable for them. The breast reduction surgery is not a weight losing surgery. Some people confuse with these two in mind.
Though it is enticing to know about the advantages the breast reduction surgery will offer a person, it equally has its own set of drawbacks. So there are various pros and cons of the breast reduction are available. They are,
Pros of Breast Reduction
The breast reduction surgery involves the process of limiting the size and shape of the female breasts surgically. It also lifts them.
- It is a safe procedure that involves the reduction of the breasts. To avoid mishaps and problems after the surgery the women must seek the help of the doctors who are well trained and qualified to exhibit the process safely. The patients must not consider the expensive fees charged by a doctor. But instead they must look after their own safety.
- The Medical Association is strictly legalizing the qualification of the doctors who act as the cosmetic surgeons. They ensure the safety of the patients and in the exhibition of their desires in a positive way.
- The women who suffered with big breasts often suffered from the problem of back and shoulder pain. This surgery helps them to be relieved from those kind of pains.
- It enables the women to wear tight modern fitting clothes that they were unable to wear before.
- The women can now have and feel great with the appropriate size of their breasts that is in accordance with their body features.
- The women satisfied by it will feel great and confident about the way they look. The women can now be free from the embarrassments that they faced before. They can now face the world with confidence. Socializing with others also becomes an easy way to move along in all phase of life.
- In the process of the breast reduction it also calls for the ways with which the breasts can be styled accordingly. There are a variety of shapes to choose from.
- Depending on the cost, the total expense will be covered by some insurance companies.
Cons of Breast Reduction
- The breast reduction often results in several complicated issues. It causes pain and other health problems especially when the surgery is not done properly. The life of the patients will also be at stake.
- The patients will be asked to limit some of their usual activities that they have been doing. The common examples include taking a bath and lifting some weights. Though the restrictions appear for only a short time it will be difficult for some women to cope up. This is because the impacts caused by these heavy exercises will have a negative impact on the breasts.
- The breastfeeding mothers must abstain from undergoing the breast reduction surgery. Their nipples will lose the sensation and will be unable to breastfeed the milk to the babies. They must plan their reduction programme only after they have decided to bear children.
- The surgeries cause scars that cause scars. The scars will be present for a long time in the chest region of the women. This is one of the serious disadvantages that the breast reduction surgery has.
- The patient will have pain in the chest region or in the armpits or in the abdomen region based on their incision procedure.
- The Anesthesia makes the patients to be unaware of the pain that is felt during the surgery. But it can be equally harmful as the overdose of the Anesthesia leads to fatalities. In some women the use of the women is enough to cause allergies.
- The fat tissues in the chest region will be affected.
- The wounds will have a lower rate of healing.
- The skin of the nipple will die those results in the removal of it.
It is better if the women first understand the pros and cons involved with the breast reduction surgery. The surgery is done for different purposes and it is good if they have that in mind. Each woman will have their own perception about the reduction techniques. So it is better to form one’s own ideas when trying to undergo this surgery. In case if a patient finds it very difficult to get an opinion then the doctors will help them to get one.